3:00 p.m. Welcome and Introductions – Ivory Lyles
3:05 p.m. Roll Call/Sound Check – Doreen Hauser-Lindstrom
3:15 p.m. Western Center for Metropolitan Extension & Research – Brad Gaolach
WEDA Business Meeting
3:45 p.m. Approve September 28, 2022, Meeting Minutes – Jeff Goodwin
3:50 p.m. Recap NEDA Meeting – Barbara Petty
4:10 p.m. NIFA Listening Session, Nov. 2, 2022 – Science Priorities
- Is WEDA interested in going through FANR – if so suggested content is due by Oct. 24th to Caron.
. “NIFA Listening Session for Stakeholder Input to Science Priorities.”is a stakeholder listening opportunity which will take place on November 2, 2022 to inform the research, Extension and education priorities of NIFA, which has the mission of investing in and advancing agricultural research, education and Extension to solve societal challenges. For the purpose of this opportunity, agriculture is defined broadly and includes research, Extension, and education in food, fiber, forestry, range, nutritional and social sciences, including food safety and positive youth development. NIFA’s investments in transformative science directly support the long-term prosperity and global pre-eminence of U.S. agriculture. The 2022 listening opportunity allows stakeholders to provide feedback on the following questions:
- What is your top priority for research, Extension or education for NIFA investment?
- What are the most promising opportunities/solutions for advancement of these food and agricultural priorities?
- What are the greatest challenges that will face food and agriculture in the coming decades?
- What fundamental knowledge gaps exist that limit the ability of research, extension, and education to respond to these challenges?
- Based on those challenges, what general areas of food and agricultural research should be advanced and supported to fill the knowledge gaps?
- What is NIFA doing right and are there opportunities to further improve?
4:20 p.m. ECOP Committee Updates: Any updates?
WEDA Committee Updates: Any updates?
4:30 p.m. EDA Report – Doreen Hauser-Lindstrom
Collect list of Program Leaders –
4-H/FCS/Health/CED/ANR/Food systems/District or Area Directors
Mentor /Mentee Tips – https://weda.extension.org/committees/
Liaison Tips – https://weda.extension.org/committees/
Western Civil Rights Leads – Attachment
NIDB – Institutional contacts – Attachment
4:40 p.m. Additional agenda items
“Ask me a question” segment
5:00 p.m. Adjourn
Next meeting: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. (Pacific)