Two National Extension Awards are given annually:
- The National Excellence in Extension Award
- The National Extension Diversity Award
Preparing and submitting an award application is explained at www.aplu.org/CESawards.
The process for selecting the National Excellence in Extension Award is:
- Using the appropriate form, by May 1st applicants submit their materials electronically to the link identified in the instructions.
- WEDA identifies a selection committee to review applications submitted from the West. In June, the WEDA committee will identify and submit one regional winner.
- The regional winner’s application will be submitted by the WEDA committee to the national selection committee. The national selection committee will score the winning application from each of the five regions, and select the national winner.
The National Extension Diversity Award applications, are due May 1st. Applicants submit their materials electronically. Applications are reviewed by a national committee created by the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy’s Programs Committee. This group scores all of the applications and selects the national winner.
Both awards are presented in the Fall during the Annual Meeting of the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities.